Welcome to PS78Teachers!
The Mission of PS78Teachers is to encourage an interest in, and to facilitate the creation of, God-centered day schools and home schools in evangelical churches worldwide, and to equip teachers for these schools. All instruction is shaped by a Reformed biblical view of education. A key component of this ministry is the online Teacher Education Program.
“PS78” is a reference to Psalms 78:4, a verse that commands the people of God to "not hide" but to pass on to the next generation the “glorious deeds of the Lord.” The PS78 Teacher Education Program is designed to equip parents and teachers with the knowledge, skills, and passion needed to more fully and faithfully carry out this task and to avoid teaching in such a way that God is perceived to be irrelevant and, therefore, hidden from our children.
About the PS78Teacher Education Program
In conjunction with Miami International Seminary (MINTS), the PS78 Teacher Education Program (PS78-TEP) will offer a Certificate in Christian Teacher Education (30 credits) or a Master of Theological Studies, Education Major (60 credits) to non-U.S. residents. The free program of study consists of a biblical studies component--produced by Third Millennium Ministries (IIIM)--and a teacher education component that approximates the Integrated Curriculum & Instruction specialization in the Master of Education program at Covenant College, Lookout Mountain, Georgia, U.S.A. For the expected Program Outcomes, go here . For PS78-TEP Course of Study (course descriptions), go here. For the PS78Teachers Statement of Faith, go here.
Why have a biblical studies component for Christian home and day school teachers?
To have a God-centered day or home school, teachers must first have a firm knowledge of the Bible and the God of the Bible. For this reason, the biblically grounded education courses for teachers, parents, and church leaders are accompanied by an overview of the Old Testament and the New Testament, as well as an introduction to biblical theology.
Are there any fees associated with PS78-TEP?
PS78-TEP does not charge a fee for any course; however, local Teacher Education study centers may stipulate a minimal per credit fee to cover study center expenses (i.e. room rental, electricity, copy cost, etc.). All PS78 Teacher Education study centers must operate as a non-profit organization. For more information on establishing a local Teacher Education study center, go here.
What is the purpose of PS78-TEP?*
The purpose of PS78 Teacher Education Program (PS78-TEP) is to prepare competent teachers who practice their craft according to Biblical precepts in any and every educational setting. To do this, students examine carefully, in the light of God’s Word, various principles and practices proposed by both secular and Christian educators. Students then apply their biblically informed convictions. Candidates develop the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to become teachers who model life-long learning and faithful service to God as change-agents in society.
Who can apply?
Non-U.S. residents may take courses in the PS78-TEP curriculum for academic credit and will, upon satisfactory completion of all required courses, earn a Certificate in Christian Teacher Education or a Master of Theological Studies, Education Major from Miami International Seminary (MINTS). The specific requirements for each course are set forth in the syllabus for that course. Apply to PS78-TEP here. For the expected Program Outcomes, go here. For PS78-TEP Course of Study (course descriptions), go here. U.S. residents may not take these courses for academic credit or earn a Certificate or Master’s degree from Miami International Seminary (MINTS). However, U.S. residents may and are encouraged to view the courses, download the readings and take the quizzes and exams for their own edification.
Is there a Student Handbook?
For the Student Handbook, go here.
Is regular access to a classroom required?
Yes, access to a classroom is required; however, upon request, alternative assignments are available to participants who have no regular access to a classroom. Each course has assignments in which participants will be asked to apply what has been learned to their own teaching situation, whether it be a home school or day school setting.
Please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions to see if you find the answers you need.
Certificate in Christian Teacher Education at either the Bachelor or Master level (C)
Master of Theological Studies, Education Major (Prerequisite: Bachelor degree or higher) (M)
Component I: EDUCATION
- EDU 600: Introduction to PS78 Teacher Education Program (C, M)
- EDU 610: Foundations for Curriculum Development (3 credits) (C, M)
- EDU 620: Introduction to Educational Research (3 credits) (M)
- EDU 630: Shaping Home and School Curriculum K-12 (3 credits) (C, M)
- EDU 640: Learning Theory Applied to Teaching (4 credits) (C, M)
- EDU 710: Implementing Instructional Strategies (4 credits) (C, M)
- EDU 720: Integrative Approaches to Curriculum (4 credits) (C, M)
- EDU 730: Nature of Knowledge and Curriculum Integration (3 credits) (M)
- EDU 740: Research and Practices in Teaching Content Fields (3 credits) (M)
- EDU 750: Project in Integrated Curriculum and Instruction (3 credits) (C, M)
- EDU 760: Program Synthesis: Plan for Change (2 credits) (M)
Component 2: BIBLICAL STUDIES
- Old Testament Survey
- Kingdom, Covenants and Canon of the Old Testament (2 credits) (C, M)
- He Gave Us Prophets (1.5 credits) (M)
- The Primeval History (1 credit) (M)
- Father Abraham (1 credit) (M)
- Gospels & Acts
- The Gospels (2.5 credits) (C, M)
- The Book of Acts (1 credit) (M)
- Pauline Epistles
- The Heart of Paul's Theology (1.5 credits) (C, M)
- Paul's Prison Epistles (2 credits) (M)
- Introduction to Theological Studies
- Building Your Theology (1 credit) (M)
- Building Systematic Theology (2 credits) (M)
- Building Biblical Theology (2 credits) (M)
- Basic Christian Doctrine
- The Apostles' Creed (3 credits) (C, M))
- We Believe in Jesus (2.5 credits) (C, M)
- Biblical Ethics
- Making Biblical Decisions (4 credits) (M)